Friday

Springs Preserve (Butterflies & Birds)

{Click on an image to enlarge, then use the back button to return to this page}

In April I attended two Digital Photography classes at the Las Vegas Springs Preserve. My main objective for taking these classes was to learn more about obtaining and mastering 'Depth-of-Field" in my closeups. Even though I'm not sure I have it all down yet, I do feel that I am getting closer to understanding what camera settings I need in order to achieve it. Here are what I consider some of the better closeup pictures of butterflies and birds I captured during these two and some previous visits. The Slide Show at the bottom of the page contain all of the butterfly and bird pictures taken during these two visits, as well as some previous visits. 


(Fig. 01)
(Fig.02)
(Fig.03)
(Fig. 04)
(Fig. 05)
(Fig. 06)
(Fig.07)
(Fig. 08)
(Fig. 09)
(Fig. 10)
(Fig. 11)


             

Play a Slide Show

Clicking the picture-link below will open OneDrive in a new window and a folder containing 30 pictures of butterflies and birds taken on these two and a previous visit to the Springs Preserve. To view the show, click on the first picture in the folder and you will get the following menu bar:



Click the "Play slide show" will play a fullscreen window of the slide show.



For additional information and pictures taken at the Butterfly Habitat on a previous visit on 10/18/2014, click here ... Butterfly Habitat at the Las Vegas Springs Preserve