Sunday

Daytrip to Crescent Peak Mine

EP-P1030673Today I made my fourth visit to the Crescent Peak Mine with the rock-hounds from the Henderson Heritage Park Senior Facility. The ‘head’ in the picture on the left was on the gate post to the “No Trespassing” area where Bill dropped me off. Because Bill was able to get me closer to the quarry operation, I finally had enough time to hike to some of the mine sites behind the quarrying operation. I actually came to within a 1/3 of a mile of reaching the top of Crescent Peak. Better luck next time. Click here for pictures and information on this most recent trip ... Update 09/19/2013 - Crescent Peak Mine. To learn more about the history of the Crescent Peak Mine and to view pictures from previous visits go to ... Daytrip - Crescent Peak Mine. After visiting the Crescent Peak site, we made a short stop at Nipton. You can check out this town here ... Nipton, California.