Wednesday

Andy Warhol Exhibit at the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art

Warhol 11 Cowboys & IndiansThis past week, my friend and fellow hiking partner, Blake Smith and I took in the Andy Warhol Exhibit at Bellagio’s Gallery of Fine Art. Though neither of us had ever been avid followers of his work, we both thought we would be remiss if we didn’t take the opportunity to view this collection from one of America’s most iconic pop culture artists. As I’m sure is true for most America’s who grew up in the 50’s and 60’s, I was familiar with some of his well known portrayals of consumer goods, like the “Campbell’s Soup Cans” on “Cow Wallpaper”, however, it was his lessor know “Cowboys and Indians” series, one of his last works created in 1986, shortly before his death that I was unfamiliar with, that drew my attention to this exhibit. Click here to learn more about this exhibit … Andy Warhol Exhibit at Bellagio's Gallery of Fine Art.