Sunday

Spotlight on Jim Healey

E-P1090719-RAW
(NOTE: You can click on any picture to enlarge)
E-P1090723-RAWJim is one of the newest members of our group and joined us for the first time this past week on our hike to the Wee Thump Joshua Tree Wilderness Area and the Crescent Mine in the New York Mountain range along Nipton Road. An avid “birder”, Jim came prepared with all of the necessary gear; sun protection, walking stick, binoculars, and a chair for “waiting out” a sighting. I think this (a chair) is why I never have much luck capturing any good bird pictures. Though I did see what appeared to be a hawk and several sparrows today, they were all too far away for a good shot with my camera. It seems as though you pretty much have to sit, be still and wait for them to come to you. I'm looking forward to having Jim help me identify birds on future hikes.

Click here to return to Daytrip on Crescent Peak Mine